Who killed Jamal Ahmad?
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2009 (WPVI) -- A man indicted by federal authorities is later gunned down in his driveway. His family is shocked and wants justice.
"Jimmy" Jamal Ahmad and his brothers have owned and operated Three Cousin's Food Markets in North Philadelphia since the 70's.
His family said Ahmad was highly regarded in the Hispanic communities he served for his charitable works.
"There's no apparent motive here," said John Apeldorn of the Citizens Crime Commission.
The night of November 16th, Ahmad's body was found in the rear driveway of his home at "O" and Hunting Park.
"He had been shot in the chest."
Police said nothing was taken from him so it doesn't appear to be a robbery.
Authorities said Ahmad and his brothers were indicted earlier in 2008 accused of paying some employees 'under the table' to avoid paying more than two-million dollars in federal taxes.
But his family said they have no idea who would want to kill him.
"Maybe somebody saw something or somebody knows something."
In order to urge someone to come forward, there is a one-thousand dollar reward available through the Citizens Crime Commission.
"Our operators will take the information, relay it to police, give you a code number for that so we don't know who you are. And if that leads to an arrest and conviction you come down and collect the money," Apeldorn said.
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
crimefighters, take action
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 59 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia