Who killed Steven Hackett?
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 29, 2009 (WPVI) -- 21-year-old Steven Hackett was attending community college to eventually become a child psychologist.
"He loved kids," said his mother Cynthia Hackett.
His mother says her only child was very close to her.
"We talked about everything, we did everything."
As usual Cynthia made dinner for her and Steven on Monday February 23rd. But Steven wanted Chinese food. So at about 9:30 p.m. he and his cousin drove to China King in the 2900 block of 22nd Street in North Philadelphia. Steven went inside, while his cousin waited in the car.
"She was in the car, she didn't see anything. All she heard were gunshots."
Police say someone inside the restaurant fired several shots at Steven, killing him. His cell phone, watch and an undisclosed amount of money are missing.
"Claims no cameras and nobody seen anything," Cynthia said. "I have a whole in my heart that the world couldn't fit in right now."
There is a $2,000 dollar reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
"There's too many young people being killed for no reason whatsoever."
crimefighters, take action
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 45 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore 18 min ago
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
45 min ago