Who killed Steven Hackett?
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 29, 2009 (WPVI) -- 21-year-old Steven Hackett was attending community college to eventually become a child psychologist.
"He loved kids," said his mother Cynthia Hackett.
His mother says her only child was very close to her.
"We talked about everything, we did everything."
As usual Cynthia made dinner for her and Steven on Monday February 23rd. But Steven wanted Chinese food. So at about 9:30 p.m. he and his cousin drove to China King in the 2900 block of 22nd Street in North Philadelphia. Steven went inside, while his cousin waited in the car.
"She was in the car, she didn't see anything. All she heard were gunshots."
Police say someone inside the restaurant fired several shots at Steven, killing him. His cell phone, watch and an undisclosed amount of money are missing.
"Claims no cameras and nobody seen anything," Cynthia said. "I have a whole in my heart that the world couldn't fit in right now."
There is a $2,000 dollar reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
"There's too many young people being killed for no reason whatsoever."
crimefighters, take action
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 54 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 1 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape