3rd suspect identified in teen murder
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 4, 2009 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the third suspect in the murder of an 18-year-old man in New Castle, Delaware.
Police say Khary "Frank" Knight, 21, of the 100 block of Hawk Drive is currently wanted for in the killing of Clifford Steed, 18, in Newark, Delaware.
Detectives, with the assistance of SWAT officers, executed a search warrant at his residence earlier Tuesday, however, Knight was not at home.
Two other men, Charles Ringgold, 20, of the unit block of Bradley Drive in Newark and Tavaughn Crosell, 17, of the unit block of Fairway Road in Newark have already been charged with first degree murder in Steed's death.
Police say Steed was killed in an apparent random act of violence on Tuesday, July 28th at the Georgetown Village Apartment Complex shortly after 10:00 p.m.
Police say Steed was walking from his parents' home in Carriage Run to a friend's home nearby when he was approached by three men wearing black.
Those men robbed and shot Steed, who made it to a hallway but died at the hospital.
Police believe Steed happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Authorities say the three possible suspects were patrons at a 7-11 store just prior to the robbery and shooting. Detectives were able to recover the surveillance video from the business, as other investigators continued to interview witnesses.
Anyone with information about this crime, or Knight's whereabouts, is asked to call police at (302) 395-8110.
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 33 min ago
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 35 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 44 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 34 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
33 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
35 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
44 min ago