Would-be thief shot inside pizza shop
PORT RICHMOND - August 9, 2009 (WPVI) -- A pizza shop owner in Philadelphia fought back when a man tried to rob him at gunpoint.
The attempted robbery happened inside Tony's Place pizza shop on the 2900 block of Frankford Avenue in the city's Port Richmond section.
Police say an armed gunman walked into the pizza shop at 11:45 Saturday night demanding money, but the owner pulled out his own gun and shot the robber in the back.
The would-be thief is now in critical condition at Temple University Hospital.
No word yet if the shop owner faces any charges.
- BIG STORIES: Get the most popular stuff on 6abc.com
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 17 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 36 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 4 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 2 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.