Man using pay phone shot multiple times
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - November 19, 2009 (WPVI) -- A person using a pay phone in Southwest Philadelphia was shot and critically injured overnight.
The shooting happened at about 2:30 a.m. at the Hess gas station located at the intersection of Island Ave and Woodland Avenue.
A man had pulled up to the pay phone in his car. That's when, police say, shots rang out.
The victim was shot multiple times and rushed to a local hospital where he listed in critical condition.
So far, there is no word on suspects or motive.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, shooting, take action
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 19 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 12 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act