Man shot in the back during attempted robbery
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - November 24, 2009 (WPVI) -- A 50-year-old man is in critical condition after being shot in the back during an attempted robbery.
The shooting happened just before 1:00 a.m. on the 5500 block of Wheeler Street in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police say the suspect came up to the victim from behind and told him "not to move." He then shot the victim in the back.
The suspect fled the scene empty handed.
The victim was taken to The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 52 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 51 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
38 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos