Man shot in the back during attempted robbery
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - November 24, 2009 (WPVI) -- A 50-year-old man is in critical condition after being shot in the back during an attempted robbery.
The shooting happened just before 1:00 a.m. on the 5500 block of Wheeler Street in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police say the suspect came up to the victim from behind and told him "not to move." He then shot the victim in the back.
The suspect fled the scene empty handed.
The victim was taken to The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man