Cross-dressing fraud suspect arrested
December 3, 2009 - (WPVI) -- Detectives from the Delaware State Police say they've arrested a man who allegedly passed bad checks while dressed in women's clothes.
Darren Jackson, 38, of Homestead Road in Wilmington, was arrested Thursday at his home. Police say he was tracked down after numerous tips came in when this case was made public.
Betwen April and August of this year, police say Jackson cashed fradulent checks at TD Bank branches in the area, then deposited that money into different accounts.
Then, police say, he would withdraw the money. It wasn't until later that the banks would learn the checks were no good.
Detectives say TD Bank lost $22,000 as a result of this scheme.
Jackson faces a number of charges including theft and fraud.
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 37 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 43 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 21 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
43 min ago