Del. man charged in slaying of woman
PORT MAHON, Del. (AP) - October 8, 2010 -- Delaware State Police say a Felton man has been charged in the death of a woman whose body was pulled from the waters of Port Mahon earlier this year.
Thirty-three-year-old Dorsey Parker II was charged Thursday with first-degree murder and abuse of a corpse in the death of Lisa Mumford. According to court records, 44-year-old Mumford was last seen on May 11, 2009. In January, her body was pulled from a Delaware Bay marsh on Port Mahon Road.
Police said in court records that Mumford went to state police in May to report that Parker had assaulted her after she refused his sexual advances. Later that month, Parker got into an argument with Mumford in Magnolia.
Harris says Parker has been in Vaughn Correctional Center since Sept. 16, 2009 on robbery charges.
delaware, homicide, missing person, take action
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash