Del. man charged in slaying of woman
PORT MAHON, Del. (AP) - October 8, 2010 -- Delaware State Police say a Felton man has been charged in the death of a woman whose body was pulled from the waters of Port Mahon earlier this year.
Thirty-three-year-old Dorsey Parker II was charged Thursday with first-degree murder and abuse of a corpse in the death of Lisa Mumford. According to court records, 44-year-old Mumford was last seen on May 11, 2009. In January, her body was pulled from a Delaware Bay marsh on Port Mahon Road.
Police said in court records that Mumford went to state police in May to report that Parker had assaulted her after she refused his sexual advances. Later that month, Parker got into an argument with Mumford in Magnolia.
Harris says Parker has been in Vaughn Correctional Center since Sept. 16, 2009 on robbery charges.
delaware, homicide, missing person, take action
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 7 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 49 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 39 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
11 min ago