Ex-guard convicted of killing mother, son in Pa
STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former Pennsylvania prison guard has been convicted of killing his girlfriend and their 18-month-old son.
The Stroudsburg Pocono Record reports a jury on Friday found Michael Parrish guilty of first-degree murder.
The defense contends Parrish killed Victoria Adams and their son, Sidney, in the heat of the moment in July 2009. Prosecutors say the shootings were premeditated.
Authorities say Parrish, then a Monroe County Correctional Facility guard, shot Adams and their child several times before fleeing to New Hampshire. He was captured the next day.
Defense attorney Wieslaw Niemoczynski has described his client as "fundamentally insecure" and says he thought Adams was cheating on him.
Parrish could be sentenced to death or life in prison. The penalty phase begins Monday.
Information from: Pocono Record, http://www.poconorecord.com/
pennsylvania, homicide, child death, children, take action
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 22 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower