Comcast unveils online cable TV shows
PHILADELPHIA - December 15, 2009 -- Comcast subscribers can now watch several cable TV shows and movies on the Internet.
Viewing is only available to subscribers, and what each customer can watch depends on the cable TV package subscribed. All told, Comcast is making programs available from 27 cable channels including HBO and Cinemax.
Comcast Corp., which announced its online video plans in July, is the first cable company to offer cable TV content online at no additional charge. The nation's largest cable TV operator says customers can watch the shows starting Tuesday.
Previously, shows available for free online are generally limited to ones from the over-the-air broadcasters or older movies.
Other subscription-TV operators with similar plans in the works include Time Warner Cable Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing 36 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts 44 min ago
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still...
36 min ago