Comcast unveils online cable TV shows
PHILADELPHIA - December 15, 2009 -- Comcast subscribers can now watch several cable TV shows and movies on the Internet.
Viewing is only available to subscribers, and what each customer can watch depends on the cable TV package subscribed. All told, Comcast is making programs available from 27 cable channels including HBO and Cinemax.
Comcast Corp., which announced its online video plans in July, is the first cable company to offer cable TV content online at no additional charge. The nation's largest cable TV operator says customers can watch the shows starting Tuesday.
Previously, shows available for free online are generally limited to ones from the over-the-air broadcasters or older movies.
Other subscription-TV operators with similar plans in the works include Time Warner Cable Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc.
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 59 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 53 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes 47 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Tracking Weekend Storm
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos