Right Now On The Net
June 9, 2010 (WPVI) -- Websites to help you figure out your energy use and show you how to report issues in your neighborhood.
LINK: http://www.microsoft-hohm.com Microsoft has a really neat website out there aimed at helping people figure out how much energy they use in their home and find ways to cut costs. It's called Microsoft-Hohm.com. You can enter details about your home like when it was built and what kind of heating or air conditioning system you have and it will give you a home score you can also enter a zip code and you can find out the average Hohm scores in your area and compare the energy you are using to your neighbors.
If you've ever passed a monster pothole on your way to work every morning wondering if it will ever be fixed, if you ever wondered why city workers haven't been sent to cover that graffiti next to your favorite coffee shop, or if you wonder if the guy letting his car run for 15 minutes outside your apartment building will ever get a ticket, stop the wondering and go the web! A site called seeclickfix.com is empowering everyday citizens to report and track non-emergency issues anywhere in the world via the internet simply by reporting what they see instantaneously.
Kate Zaidan of The Clean Air Fund says the non-profit has used seeclickfix's format to power idlefreephilly.org. The non-profit has now identified hotspots for idling cars so the appropriate authorities can ticket violators.
science/technology, erin o'hearn
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete 35 min ago
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall 26 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Butkovitz an early winner as Pa. primary ballots are tallied
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins 20 min ago
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep 59 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly...
35 min ago