Speak with Facebook friends for free
August 11, 2010 (WPVI) -- There's free way for you to speak with your Facebook friends!
Facebook has become the way to stay connected, but now you can connect with your Facebook friends the old fashion way --- over the phone. Vonage had designed an application that allows you to call any of your Facebook friends for free. Your friends have to have the application, but the app doesn't even need to be activated for the call to go through.
Curriki.com is a site that offers free educational resources and online curriculum plus instructional materials for grades K through 12. This site doesn't just offer textbooks or worksheets it focuses on the curriculum as a whole, providing instructions and assessments. The goal is to bridge the educational divide around the world.
Now we all know how powerful the internet is to get a message across; one local mayor is using it to get a very specific message out to some residents
The Mayor of Reading, Pa., Tom McMahon, calls it the Wall of Shame. The site uses Google Maps to highlight blighted properties around the area and below it photographs of the properties are posted along with addresses and the names of the landlords.
"They've been given every chance to step forward and do something about it but they haven't done it and it's time for us to take some action," McMahon said.
Many of the properties are a focus of the city's Blighted Property Review Committee. The idea: Shame the landlords into taking responsibility for their real estate.
McMahon: "If you see your property on the Wall of Shame and you come forward to us and say that you can do something about it to clean it up, put your money where your mouth is."
On a lighter note, if you want to have a little fun or need a good website to waste some time, check out monoface.com. Let's call it the modern day Mr. Potato Head. It provides a gallery of facial photographs; simply click on different parts of the face and you instantly find out how Joe's nose looks with Peter's mouth and Ellen's hair. Careful it can be a little scary and very addicting.
science/technology, erin o'hearn
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 29 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
25 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
29 min ago