Apps for photos and Google phone calls
September 1, 2010 (WPVI) -- It's pretty standard that most cell phones and iPhones are equipped with cameras, right?
Just because that technology has been around for a while doesn't mean we are professional photographers.
No worries, though, because there are a bunch of apps out there that you can use to spice up those pictures you snap with your Blackberry.
Let's start with the Blackberry, an app from Magilab called Picture Magic adds a little fun to your photographs by allowing you to add caption and cartoon like features
Now, if you have an iPhone, you have many more options. One app is called Sketch Me. Essentially, it turns your photographs into what looks like a hand sketch.
With all you college students getting settled as the fall semester begins, here's a site that will make getting acclimated to the city a bit easier. It's called campusphilly.com. The goal of the site is not only to inform college students about events and activities in the area, but to connect those students with local businesses and career opportunities so they have good reason to make the Philadelphia area home after graduation.
SKYPE better watch out, Google is on its tail. If you have a Gmail account, you may have noticed a little icon popping up that says 'call phone' right next to your contacts. Unlike SKYPE, only one person needs to be by the computer to make this interaction work.
The best part right now, Google calls are free to the US and Canada, but international calls are a little more pricey with prices anywhere from 2 cents to 27 cents a minute.
science/technology, erin o'hearn
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 36 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
37 min ago