Apps for photos and Google phone calls
September 1, 2010 (WPVI) -- It's pretty standard that most cell phones and iPhones are equipped with cameras, right?
Just because that technology has been around for a while doesn't mean we are professional photographers.
No worries, though, because there are a bunch of apps out there that you can use to spice up those pictures you snap with your Blackberry.
Let's start with the Blackberry, an app from Magilab called Picture Magic adds a little fun to your photographs by allowing you to add caption and cartoon like features
Now, if you have an iPhone, you have many more options. One app is called Sketch Me. Essentially, it turns your photographs into what looks like a hand sketch.
With all you college students getting settled as the fall semester begins, here's a site that will make getting acclimated to the city a bit easier. It's called campusphilly.com. The goal of the site is not only to inform college students about events and activities in the area, but to connect those students with local businesses and career opportunities so they have good reason to make the Philadelphia area home after graduation.
SKYPE better watch out, Google is on its tail. If you have a Gmail account, you may have noticed a little icon popping up that says 'call phone' right next to your contacts. Unlike SKYPE, only one person needs to be by the computer to make this interaction work.
The best part right now, Google calls are free to the US and Canada, but international calls are a little more pricey with prices anywhere from 2 cents to 27 cents a minute.
science/technology, erin o'hearn
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc 7 min ago
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 56 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos