Director makes movie on iPhone
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - January 10, 2011 -- Acclaimed South Korean film director Park Chan-wook has discovered a new cinematic tool: the iPhone.
The director of South Korean movies "Old Boy," "Lady Vengeance" and "Thirst," said Monday that his new fantasy-horror film "Paranmanjang" was shot entirely on Apple Inc.'s iconic smartphone.
"Paranmanjang" means a "life full of ups and downs" in Korean. It is about a man transcending his current and former lives.
Park told reporters the new technology created strange effects because it is new but also a medium the audience is used to.
Park made the 30-minute film with his younger brother Park Chan-kyong, also a director.
iphone, apple, south korea, science/technology
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos