Vote on Smithsonian's video games exhibit
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Smithsonian American Art Museum is asking the public to help select video games that will be included in its first exhibit to explore the art and visual effects of gaming.The Smithsonian American Art Museum is asking the public to help select video games that will be included in its first exhibit to explore the art and visual effects of gaming.
The exhibit, "The Art of Video Games," is scheduled to open in March 2012 with a focus on the evolution of games as an artistic medium over the past 40 years.
The public can vote online through April 7. Voters can choose 80 games from a pool of 240 choices in various categories. The games on the site were chosen for their graphic appeal, artistic intent and innovative game designs. Results will be posted in May.
The winning games will be displayed at The Smithsonian American Art Museum next year as screen shots or short video clips.
washington, d.c., video games, science/technology
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 58 min ago
- Record Warmth! 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 44 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
19 min ago