Vote on Smithsonian's video games exhibit
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Smithsonian American Art Museum is asking the public to help select video games that will be included in its first exhibit to explore the art and visual effects of gaming.The Smithsonian American Art Museum is asking the public to help select video games that will be included in its first exhibit to explore the art and visual effects of gaming.
The exhibit, "The Art of Video Games," is scheduled to open in March 2012 with a focus on the evolution of games as an artistic medium over the past 40 years.
The public can vote online through April 7. Voters can choose 80 games from a pool of 240 choices in various categories. The games on the site were chosen for their graphic appeal, artistic intent and innovative game designs. Results will be posted in May.
The winning games will be displayed at The Smithsonian American Art Museum next year as screen shots or short video clips.
washington, d.c., video games, science/technology
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 36 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 21 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 18 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South...
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
53 min ago