AT&T to sell phone with 3-D screen and camera
NEW YORK (AP) - March 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- FHot on the heels of the Nintendo 3DS game device and its 3-D screen, AT&T plans to launch a smartphone with a 3-D screen and a dual-lens camera for 3-D snapshots.
AT&T Inc. said Monday that the LG Thrill 4G will be released within in the next few months. It didn't say what the touch screen phone would cost.
The Thrill will run Google Inc.'s Android software and will be able to play games and YouTube clips in 3-D, AT&T says.
The screen won't require glasses for 3-D. That's much like the Nintendo 3DS, which goes on sale Sunday in the U.S. for $250.
T-Mobile USA has already said it will sell a tablet computer from LG that can shoot 3-D video. However, it won't have a 3-D screen.
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 32 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 17 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 14 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South...
17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
49 min ago