Nintendo: Wii successor coming in 2012
NEW YORK (AP) - April 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Nintendo says the successor to the hit Wii console will arrive next year, but isn't saying anything about what the new system will do.
The Japanese company says will show a "playable" model of the new console at the Electronic Entertainment Expo from June 7th to 9th in Los Angeles.
Nintendo Co. has sold 86 million Wiis since it launched in 2006. It caused a splash with its innovative motion-sensing controller, a setup since copied and elaborated on by the other major console makers, Microsoft Corp. and Sony Corp.
Also Monday, Nintendo said its annual profit dropped for the second straight year as sales declined.
nintendo, microsoft, sony, video games, science/technology
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ