FBI warns of email with bin Laden 'death' video
WASHINGTON - May 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- The FBI is warning computer users against unsolicited emails purporting to show photos or videos of the killing of Osama bin Laden.
The bureau says they may contain a virus that can steal personal identification information or infect a computer. In a statement Tuesday, the bureau cautioned that such malicious software can even be passed along unknowingly by a friend or family member.
The FBI urged the public to adjust privacy settings on social networking sites to make it more difficult for people to post material.
osama bin laden, president barack obama, terrorism, science/technology
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies