Cuban to Perot: Mavericks run just fine, thank you
DALLAS - June 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has filed what can perhaps best be described as a "told you so" document in court against Ross Perot Jr.
Perot holds a 5 percent stake in the team, and he sued Cuban a year ago claiming that the team was so badly managed it should be put in receivership.
Cuban's attorneys fired back Wednesday, telling a judge that the Mavericks' first NBA title proves that Perot's arguments should be tossed out. The four-page court filing labels the team as the "World Champion Dallas Mavericks" and includes a photograph of Dirk Nowitzki hoisting the championship trophy.
It also says the Mavericks should be awarded any relief they are due "although they are quite content at the moment."
Perot spokesman Eddie Reeves says Perot is "delighted" by the title but the business issues remain.
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 7 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philadelphia 29 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos