Apple sends out invite for iPhone event
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
NEW YORK - September 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Apple is inviting journalists to its Cupertino, Calif. headquarters next week for an iPhone-related event on Oct. 4.The invitation Apple Inc. sent on Tuesday does not go into details. It says "let's talk iPhone," suggesting that the usually secretive company is likely to unveil the next iteration of its popular smartphones. Former Vice President Al Gore, who sits on Apple's board, has said recently that he believes Apple's new iPhones will be here in October. Next weeks' event will be the first product unveiling for Apple since Steve Jobs resigned as CEO in August. The company's shares have since hit their highest level ever.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
apple, steve jobs, science/technology
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 24 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust 40 min ago
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
24 min ago