Open houses on Cheyenne power plant scheduled
CHEYENNE, Wyo. - January 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Cheyenne Light, Fuel and Power is hosting two open house meetings on plans to build a natural-gas fired power plant just east of Cheyenne.
The open houses will take place from 3-7 p.m. Wednesday and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Both events will take place at the Cheyenne Holiday Inn.
The utility is in the process of filing air pollution permits with the state Department of Environmental Quality and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Utility officials say that with approval from the Wyoming Public Service Commission, construction could begin toward the end of this year.
The power plant could then begin providing electricity to customers in 2014.
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 18 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 53 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 59 min ago
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor