Facebook: 901 million monthly active users
NEW YORK (AP) - April 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Facebook is reporting, ahead of its initial public offering, expected in May, that its first-quarter net income fell as its revenue rose by comparison with a year earlier.
Facebook Inc. said in a regulatory filing on Monday that its net income fell 12 percent to $233 million from $205 million in the three months that ended March 31. Net income attributable to common shareholders fell to $137 million from $153 million. That amounts to earnings of 9 cents per share in the latest quarter, down from 11 cents a year earlier.
The company said that higher expenses pushed down its earnings as its revenue rose 45 percent to $1.06 billion.
Facebook says it had 901 million monthly active users as of March 31, up from 680 million a year earlier.
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 52 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids