Yahoo escalates patent battle with Facebook
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Yahoo's patent battle with Facebook is getting nastier.
In court papers filed Friday, Yahoo Inc. expanded its six-week-old lawsuit against Facebook to include more allegations of intellectual property theft. Yahoo says Facebook's social network infringes on 12 of its Internet patents. That's up from 10 alleged patent violations previously.
Yahoo also denied allegations that it has been infringing on 10 of Facebook's patents and accused its rival of engaging in shady behavior.
Among other things, Yahoo says Facebook violated an agreement between the two companies to notify each other of possible patent infringements before filing a court claim.
The acrimony is spilling out as Facebook Inc. is preparing to raise $5 billion in an initial public offering of stock that is expected to be the richest in Silicon Valley history.
yahoo, facebook, science/technology
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 49 min ago