Judges get their own license plates
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Here come da judge!
And the license plates show it.
The New York Commission on Judicial Conduct says special plates for judges don't violate ethics rules.
But police are often reluctant to ticket drivers of those cars.
The commission warns that judges could be punished if they use their official position to try to get out of a speeding ticket or a drunk driving bust.
State Police spokeswoman Darcy Wells says troopers will enforce the law -- whether or not a car has the special plates.
new york, automobiles, trending
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 21 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos