Judges get their own license plates
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Here come da judge!
And the license plates show it.
The New York Commission on Judicial Conduct says special plates for judges don't violate ethics rules.
But police are often reluctant to ticket drivers of those cars.
The commission warns that judges could be punished if they use their official position to try to get out of a speeding ticket or a drunk driving bust.
State Police spokeswoman Darcy Wells says troopers will enforce the law -- whether or not a car has the special plates.
new york, automobiles, trending
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 7 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ