Judges get their own license plates
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Here come da judge!
And the license plates show it.
The New York Commission on Judicial Conduct says special plates for judges don't violate ethics rules.
But police are often reluctant to ticket drivers of those cars.
The commission warns that judges could be punished if they use their official position to try to get out of a speeding ticket or a drunk driving bust.
State Police spokeswoman Darcy Wells says troopers will enforce the law -- whether or not a car has the special plates.
new york, automobiles, trending
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 45 min ago
- Wet to Wintry 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 37 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 26 min ago
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 38 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 36 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash 6 min ago
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
45 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen...
36 min ago