What would you do with a firehouse?
DETROIT (AP) - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Got an idea for a former firehouse?
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing wants to hear from you.
The city wants to sell seven unused firehouses and a renovated but long-vacant police facility.
Some of the ideas developers have suggested include restaurants, wineries and even micro-distilleries to create local liquor.
The Detroit Free Press reports officials are finalizing a deal to turn the former fire department headquarters into a boutique hotel.
detroit, michigan, trending
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 24 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 17 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act