Not a smart way to kick the habit
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- She tried to kick the habit - by slapping a cop.
Etta May Lopez decided it would be easier to give up smoking if she was someplace where it isn't allowed.
But how do you get to jail if you haven't done anything wrong?
Lopez had that covered, too.
She went up to a Sacramento, California sheriff's deputy and slapped him in the face as he left the main jail at the end of his shift.
That earned her a trip inside the jail - where Lopez slapped the officer again, this time on his arm.
Lopez pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery on a peace officer - and was sentenced to 63 days in jail - which should give her enough to abandon the smokes.
Meanwhile the deputy, Matt Campoy, says he's been given a new Irish nickname: Nick O'Derm.
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Tpk. 2 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 27 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 58 min ago
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 35 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
27 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
58 min ago