Anyone missing an emu?
WALNUTPORT, Pa. (AP) - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ever look eye-to-eye at an emu?
If you have, you must be pretty tall - since the flightless birds from Australia can tower over a 6-foot-3 man.
That man: Roger Leseberg, who says he went outside his home near Allentown, Pennsylvania to check out what he thought was a big wild turkey.
But when he went for a closer look, he got an eyeful of emu.
And when it raised its head, Leseberg says it was much taller than he was.
How'd the emu get there?
Leseberg says authorities told him there are some emu farms in the area - but so far no one has claimed the bird.
pennsylvania, animals, wildlife preservation, pets, trending
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police