Anyone missing an emu?
WALNUTPORT, Pa. (AP) - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ever look eye-to-eye at an emu?
If you have, you must be pretty tall - since the flightless birds from Australia can tower over a 6-foot-3 man.
That man: Roger Leseberg, who says he went outside his home near Allentown, Pennsylvania to check out what he thought was a big wild turkey.
But when he went for a closer look, he got an eyeful of emu.
And when it raised its head, Leseberg says it was much taller than he was.
How'd the emu get there?
Leseberg says authorities told him there are some emu farms in the area - but so far no one has claimed the bird.
pennsylvania, animals, wildlife preservation, pets, trending
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed