Deer smashes bus windshield, takes short ride
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A deer has taken a ride on a western Pennsylvania bus.
The Johnstown Tribune-Democrat newspaper reports the white-tailed deer crashed through the windshield of a public bus being driven Tuesday evening in Johnstown, about 65 miles east of Pittsburgh.
The deer hopped around frantically near the driver before jumping on empty seats and running in circles in the aisle.
Authorities say the driver stopped the bus and opened the door and the deer got off. Cambria County transportation spokesman Josh Yoder says it "just walked off the bus."
The bus was carrying one passenger, who was seated in the back far from the deer. No injuries have been reported.
The bus has been taken to a maintenance facility for repairs.
There's no word on what happened to the deer.
pennsylvania, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 15 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 3 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 4 min ago
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
15 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos