Dogs getting ready for the beach
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- From bikinis to Hawaiian shirts -- it's time to gear up for the beach.
For your dog.
Pet owners have plenty of choices for pooches whose fur isn't fashionable enough for beach wear.
Tommy Bahama Pets offers a Hawaiian shirt and a dress with a ruffled skirt.
Designer John Bartlett makes a canine beach tank top.
And Martha Stewart Inc. produces a life jacket.
Veterinarians have some practical advice for beach-going pooches and their owners.
Doggies can get sunburned on skin that isn't fur-covered, so be careful and use sunscreen.
Also bring plenty of fresh water for your four-legged friend to drink and an umbrella for shade.
california, los angeles, animals, dogs, trending
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos