Zoo monitoring three moms-to-be
CHICAGO (AP) - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- These moms-to-be are being monitored for their body temperature -- and blubber thickness.
Three dolphins are pregnant at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago.
Zoo officials expect to hear the splash of little flippers this summer and fall.
Chicago Zoological Society veterinarian Jennifer Langam says prenatal care for the dolphins is similar to that for human moms.
The pregnant bottlenose dolphins will be getting ultrasound exams and blood tests.
chicago, illinois, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death 22 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos