Zoo monitoring three moms-to-be
CHICAGO (AP) - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- These moms-to-be are being monitored for their body temperature -- and blubber thickness.
Three dolphins are pregnant at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago.
Zoo officials expect to hear the splash of little flippers this summer and fall.
Chicago Zoological Society veterinarian Jennifer Langam says prenatal care for the dolphins is similar to that for human moms.
The pregnant bottlenose dolphins will be getting ultrasound exams and blood tests.
chicago, illinois, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- SEPTA announces strike contingency plan 9 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police