Zoo monitoring three moms-to-be
CHICAGO (AP) - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- These moms-to-be are being monitored for their body temperature -- and blubber thickness.
Three dolphins are pregnant at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago.
Zoo officials expect to hear the splash of little flippers this summer and fall.
Chicago Zoological Society veterinarian Jennifer Langam says prenatal care for the dolphins is similar to that for human moms.
The pregnant bottlenose dolphins will be getting ultrasound exams and blood tests.
chicago, illinois, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 47 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 16 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 34 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest