Knives are sharp, really
SEATTLE (AP) - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Knives are dangerous -- and they're sharp, too.
Police in Seattle report a woman apparently didn't understand that.
The woman told police that she had been shot in the leg.
Officers rushed to the scene and started looking for the shooter.
But no one heard a gunshot.
The medics had good explanation -- the woman had been stabbed not shot.
And police say she accidentally stabbed herself.
According to officers, she had been carrying a kitchen knife in her purse.
The knife managed to puncture both its sheath and the handbag.
The Seattle police blotter notes: "Sometimes Crimes Solve Themselves."
washington, police, stabbing, trending
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 13 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media 55 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 34 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
55 min ago