Knives are sharp, really
SEATTLE (AP) - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Knives are dangerous -- and they're sharp, too.
Police in Seattle report a woman apparently didn't understand that.
The woman told police that she had been shot in the leg.
Officers rushed to the scene and started looking for the shooter.
But no one heard a gunshot.
The medics had good explanation -- the woman had been stabbed not shot.
And police say she accidentally stabbed herself.
According to officers, she had been carrying a kitchen knife in her purse.
The knife managed to puncture both its sheath and the handbag.
The Seattle police blotter notes: "Sometimes Crimes Solve Themselves."
washington, police, stabbing, trending
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 53 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 59 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 7 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 4 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 13 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
5 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
13 min ago