'Thong Cape Scooter Man' not breaking law
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man who wears thong underwear and a cape while riding his scooter through Wisconsin's capital city may be a strange sight. But police say he isn't breaking any laws.
Earlier this month, staff at John F. Kennedy Elementary School in Madison called authorities after the man rode by in his unmentionables while students were walking to a bus.
Police spokesman Joel DeSpain tells a local newspaper that a sergeant had a chat with the person police call Thong Cape Scooter Man. He admitted he used poor judgment in going past the school but said he did it unintentionally.
The city attorney told police the man broke no laws.
So it seems Thong Cape Scooter Man is free to ride on.
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
1 min ago