'Thong Cape Scooter Man' not breaking law
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man who wears thong underwear and a cape while riding his scooter through Wisconsin's capital city may be a strange sight. But police say he isn't breaking any laws.
Earlier this month, staff at John F. Kennedy Elementary School in Madison called authorities after the man rode by in his unmentionables while students were walking to a bus.
Police spokesman Joel DeSpain tells a local newspaper that a sergeant had a chat with the person police call Thong Cape Scooter Man. He admitted he used poor judgment in going past the school but said he did it unintentionally.
The city attorney told police the man broke no laws.
So it seems Thong Cape Scooter Man is free to ride on.
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 7 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm 25 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 24 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 31 min ago
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
11 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
24 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos