A new thrill at the beach
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) - May 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Forget the Jet Skis or even para-sailing.
The latest beach thrill is the jetpack.
Local governments in the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, area are considering how to regulate the new rides.
The packs use high pressure water jets to propel thrill-seekers up to 30 feet above the waves.
But most riders only go up a few feet.
The Sun News reports the Myrtle Beach City Council is set to discuss the new ride today.
The city manager has approved it.
Now, the jetpack ride costs $99 for 30 minutes.
The summer price will be 169 bucks.
south carolina, trending
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police respond to shooting report at Colo. school 4 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 47 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 18 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 48 min ago