Austrian drives flaming car to fire station
VIENNA (AP) - May 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Some Austrian firefighters didn't have to leave their station to deal with a recent alarm. The blaze came to them instead.
Fireman Roland Brandl says that colleagues were doing chores at the station in the town of Pregarten Wednesday when a car sped in with flames shooting from beneath it.
One man grabbed an extinguisher and doused the fire. No one was hurt.
The blaze was apparently caused by a cleaning cloth which was left under the hood.
State broadcaster ORF says the unidentified driver drove about 1 kilometer (0.6 mile) to the station after a passer-by alerted him to the fire.
austria, automobiles, fire, trending
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 46 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act