Austrian drives flaming car to fire station
VIENNA (AP) - May 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Some Austrian firefighters didn't have to leave their station to deal with a recent alarm. The blaze came to them instead.
Fireman Roland Brandl says that colleagues were doing chores at the station in the town of Pregarten Wednesday when a car sped in with flames shooting from beneath it.
One man grabbed an extinguisher and doused the fire. No one was hurt.
The blaze was apparently caused by a cleaning cloth which was left under the hood.
State broadcaster ORF says the unidentified driver drove about 1 kilometer (0.6 mile) to the station after a passer-by alerted him to the fire.
austria, automobiles, fire, trending
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 39 min ago
- Record Warmth! 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
39 min ago
- Record Warmth!
24 min ago