Man had pencil in head for 15 years
BERLIN (AP) - May 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- German doctors say a man spent 15 years with a pencil in his head following a childhood accident.
Aachen University Hospital says the 24-year-old man from Afghanistan sought help in 2011 after suffering for years from headaches, constant colds and worsening vision in one eye. A scan showed that a 10-centimeter (4-inch) pencil was lodged from his sinus to his pharynx and had injured his right eye socket.
The unnamed man said he didn't know how the pencil got there but recalled that he once fell badly as a child.
The German doctors removed the pencil and say the man has recovered.
Hospital spokesman Mathias Brandstaedter said Wednesday the case was presented for the first time at a medical conference this week.
- London theater partially collapses during performance 4 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 21 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
9 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos