DNA on beer cans leads to suspect's arrest
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - June 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a burglar's decision to knock back a couple of beers during a break-in at an upstate New York home led to his arrest.
Onondaga County prosecutors tell The Post-Standard of Syracuse that 29-year-old Moses Wilson was stealing copper piping from a vacant rental home in Syracuse in early February when he found an unopened case of beer in the basement.
Officials say he drank some of the beer during the burglary. Prosecutors say police were able to match Wilson's DNA to DNA found on the cans.
Wilson was arraigned Tuesday in Onondaga County Court on charges of burglary and petit larceny. He is being held in jail on $10,000 bail. It couldn't immediately be determined if he had a lawyer.
new york, beer, alcohol, dumb criminals, dna, trending
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 2 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
2 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
1 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos