Texas couple completes bucket list with Maine trip
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - June 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Texas couple has fulfilled a lifelong dream by visiting Maine to watch the state Legislature at work. Seriously.
A local newspaper reports that 86-year-old Marcine Webb and his wife, 81-year-old Nita Lou Webb, were in Augusta last week to complete their quest to visit every state capitol. Maine's was the last one.
When House Speaker Mark Eves announced the reason for their visit, the state representatives stood and cheered.
The trip for the San Angelo, Texas, couple was a 65th wedding anniversary present from their children. They will reach the milestone in August.
They visited No. 49, Juneau, Alaska, five year ago, but then stopped traveling because of Marcine Webb's poor health. He's been feeling better lately.
Nita Lou Webb says the people of Maine are "honest and caring."
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies