A new kind of stuffed peppers
NOGALES, Ariz. (AP) - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- The shipment was hot -- and it wasn't just the peppers.
Federal authorities say they've seized more than a ton of pot stashed in a load of peppers.
A drug sniffing dog alerted customs agents at an Arizona border crossing.
Officials say a search of the tractor-trailer revealed 2,300 pounds of marijuana mixed in with the peppers.
The Mexican man driving the big rig has been taken into custody.
arizona, food, marijuana, trending
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 32 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 51 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 19 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 17 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Twins escape carjacker by yelling, hitting...
1 min ago