A new kind of stuffed peppers
NOGALES, Ariz. (AP) - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- The shipment was hot -- and it wasn't just the peppers.
Federal authorities say they've seized more than a ton of pot stashed in a load of peppers.
A drug sniffing dog alerted customs agents at an Arizona border crossing.
Officials say a search of the tractor-trailer revealed 2,300 pounds of marijuana mixed in with the peppers.
The Mexican man driving the big rig has been taken into custody.
arizona, food, marijuana, trending
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Record Warmth! 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Record Warmth!
56 min ago