Wedding guest stole and hid loot in bra
CHICORA, Pa. (AP) - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania woman has been charged with stealing money from cards brought to a wedding reception she was attending - and trying to hide the loot in her bra.
State police say 40-year-old Jennifer Ann Martz, of Chicora, attended Saturday's wedding with her boyfriend, who was an invited guest.
The Butler Eagle reports guests found 11 cards missing from a gift table and noticed Martz heading to the ladies room. Police say Martz ripped up the cards and tried to flush them down a toilet, while stuffing $475 in cash and $80 in checks into her bra. That's where other female guests told police they found the loot.
Martz doesn't have a listed phone, and online court records don't list an attorney for her.
The groom's brother, Jeremy Scherer, says Martz "ruined the whole time for everybody."
pennsylvania, weddings, trending
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower