Wedding guest stole and hid loot in bra
CHICORA, Pa. (AP) - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania woman has been charged with stealing money from cards brought to a wedding reception she was attending - and trying to hide the loot in her bra.
State police say 40-year-old Jennifer Ann Martz, of Chicora, attended Saturday's wedding with her boyfriend, who was an invited guest.
The Butler Eagle reports guests found 11 cards missing from a gift table and noticed Martz heading to the ladies room. Police say Martz ripped up the cards and tried to flush them down a toilet, while stuffing $475 in cash and $80 in checks into her bra. That's where other female guests told police they found the loot.
Martz doesn't have a listed phone, and online court records don't list an attorney for her.
The groom's brother, Jeremy Scherer, says Martz "ruined the whole time for everybody."
pennsylvania, weddings, trending
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 49 min ago
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad 37 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico 52 min ago
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting 46 min ago
- 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
46 min ago
- Firefighters battle Hunting Park blaze
41 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
49 min ago