Prostitution suspect sang 'Rudolph'
AMBRIDGE, Pa. (AP) - June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a western prostitution suspect asked an undercover officer to sing "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" with her before other police swooped in to arrest her.
A local newspaper reports Thursday that 45-year-old Marcia Settles asked the Ambridge officer to sing the carol during an odd verbal exchange just before her arrest June 4.
Ambridge Sgt. Glen Sovich contends he and Settles agreed on a price for a sex act but before other officers arrived she asked him, "Are you the police?" Sovich denied it and asked Settles the same thing, prompting her to tell him she worked for the CIA and planned to kill him. Then she asked him to sing the song.
Settles' public defender could not immediately be reached for comment. She's awaiting trial after waiving a preliminary hearing Tuesday.
pennsylvania, dumb criminals, prostitution, trending
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash