Prostitution suspect sang 'Rudolph'
AMBRIDGE, Pa. (AP) - June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a western prostitution suspect asked an undercover officer to sing "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" with her before other police swooped in to arrest her.
A local newspaper reports Thursday that 45-year-old Marcia Settles asked the Ambridge officer to sing the carol during an odd verbal exchange just before her arrest June 4.
Ambridge Sgt. Glen Sovich contends he and Settles agreed on a price for a sex act but before other officers arrived she asked him, "Are you the police?" Sovich denied it and asked Settles the same thing, prompting her to tell him she worked for the CIA and planned to kill him. Then she asked him to sing the song.
Settles' public defender could not immediately be reached for comment. She's awaiting trial after waiving a preliminary hearing Tuesday.
pennsylvania, dumb criminals, prostitution, trending
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos