Group gets the OK to knit the bridge
PITTSBURGH (AP) - June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's the biggest "yarn bombing" yet.
A group called Knit the Bridge wants to cover the Andy Warhol Bridge in Pittsburgh.
Yarn bombing is an art movement that covers things with knitted cloth.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the Allegheny County Council is giving the OK to the huge bridge sweater.
It would be the largest yard bombing project ever in the U.S.
Knit the Bridge has more than 1,200 volunteers, many at the ready with their knitting needles.
The knitted panels are to go up for about month beginning in early August.
pittsburgh, pennsylvania, trending
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 29 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 35 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 18 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 51 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
35 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos