Group gets the OK to knit the bridge
PITTSBURGH (AP) - June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's the biggest "yarn bombing" yet.
A group called Knit the Bridge wants to cover the Andy Warhol Bridge in Pittsburgh.
Yarn bombing is an art movement that covers things with knitted cloth.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the Allegheny County Council is giving the OK to the huge bridge sweater.
It would be the largest yard bombing project ever in the U.S.
Knit the Bridge has more than 1,200 volunteers, many at the ready with their knitting needles.
The knitted panels are to go up for about month beginning in early August.
pittsburgh, pennsylvania, trending
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 26 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos