Couple letting coffee drinkers choose baby name
WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) - June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Connecticut couple are letting customers at a Starbucks coffee shop choose the name of their baby.
Twenty-five-year-old Jennifer James and 24-year-old Mark Dixon of West Haven tell a local newspaper that they have been struggling between two names for the boy they are expecting in September.
So they decided to put it to a vote.
They've placed signs at the Starbucks on the New Haven Green, where they are regulars, asking people to vote for either the name Jackson or Logan.
So far, they have received about 1,800 votes in the coffee cup serving as a ballot box, and say "Logan" is leading. But there is still time.
The baby poll closes on Tuesday. The couple says they will post the winning name in the store.
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish