Couple letting coffee drinkers choose baby name
WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) - June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Connecticut couple are letting customers at a Starbucks coffee shop choose the name of their baby.
Twenty-five-year-old Jennifer James and 24-year-old Mark Dixon of West Haven tell a local newspaper that they have been struggling between two names for the boy they are expecting in September.
So they decided to put it to a vote.
They've placed signs at the Starbucks on the New Haven Green, where they are regulars, asking people to vote for either the name Jackson or Logan.
So far, they have received about 1,800 votes in the coffee cup serving as a ballot box, and say "Logan" is leading. But there is still time.
The baby poll closes on Tuesday. The couple says they will post the winning name in the store.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 20 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
49 min ago