Town has 4-year-old boy as mayor
DORSET, Minn. (AP) - July 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- In the tiny Minnesota tourist town of Dorset, the mayor is a short guy known for his fondness of ice cream and fishing. He's got the county's top cop in his pocket.
And he's 4 years old.
Mayor Robert "Bobby" Tufts was only 3 when he won election last year as mayor of Dorset, a town of a little more than 20 people in the lakes and pines of northern Minnesota. Bobby can pull it off because the job's ceremonial. His only major act so far has been to put ice cream at the top of the food pyramid.
Hubbard County Sheriff Cory Aukes is a fan, calling Bobby "a cute little bugger."
The kid mayor is seeking a second term next month.
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death 34 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos