Would-be mermaid banned from Fla. pool
LITHIA, Fla. (AP) - July 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Florida woman has been banned from swimming in her community's pool because she wants to wear a mermaid tail.
Jenna Conti, who lives in the FishHawk Ranch subdivision, had been in the Aquatic Club pool with her custom-made tail once before with the staff's approval. But last week, employees told her it violated a policy against swim fins. On Monday night, the FishHawk Community Development board voted to keep her out of the pool because of the swim fin policy.
The Tampa Bay Times reports that Conti's dream is to swim at the Florida Aquarium, which features mermaid performers.
The full-time hair stylist hasn't been a mermaid for very long. She and her 10-year-old son saw the mermaids at the Tampa Bay Renaissance Fair earlier this year, and she says she was "enthralled."
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 14 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 30 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela 56 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
30 min ago