Cat has extra lives and toes
MILWAUKEE (AP) - July 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A lot of people believe cats have 9 lives.
But not many cats have 26 toes.
A Milwaukee area animal shelter was able to turn that into some dough - for a while.
The Milwaukee Animal Rescue Center began asking for $26 donations - $1 for each of Daniel's toes - when it found its rent was doubling.
While most cats have 18 toes, Daniel has two extra on each foot because of a genetic mutation.
The donations helped raise the money for a new building, with Daniel the mascot.
But now that the money is drying up, the shelter will have to close.
The owner says she hopes to find homes for the remaining 28 animals by the end of the month. As for Daniel?
The owner plans to adopt him.
wisconsin, animals, pets, trending
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 21 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests