Cat has extra lives and toes
MILWAUKEE (AP) - July 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A lot of people believe cats have 9 lives.
But not many cats have 26 toes.
A Milwaukee area animal shelter was able to turn that into some dough - for a while.
The Milwaukee Animal Rescue Center began asking for $26 donations - $1 for each of Daniel's toes - when it found its rent was doubling.
While most cats have 18 toes, Daniel has two extra on each foot because of a genetic mutation.
The donations helped raise the money for a new building, with Daniel the mascot.
But now that the money is drying up, the shelter will have to close.
The owner says she hopes to find homes for the remaining 28 animals by the end of the month. As for Daniel?
The owner plans to adopt him.
wisconsin, animals, pets, trending
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha...