Putting the bad in badminton
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - July 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- These guys really put the "bad" in badminton.
And because of that, a game that usually isn't considered a contact sport was - for at least one match.
There was a fight between two former badminton doubles partners from Thailand at the Canada Open over the weekend.
As the players changed sides on Sunday, the players went after each other.
One player chased the other to a neighboring court before slugging him several times.
The player who got pummeled ended up needing stitches.
But he injured player claims he was hit with a badminton racket, not a punch.
The match was awarded to the doubles team featuring the injured party.
Badminton authorities are investigating.
canada, vancouver, trending
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 7 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids