Shouldn't get drunk before attempting this
DETROIT (AP) - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- He wanted to prove he could swim the Detroit River from Canada to the U.S.
But all he ended up proving was that you shouldn't get drunk before trying to make such a trip.
John Morillo now describes what he did as "really stupid" - and something he shouldn't have tried.
Police seem to agree.
He did make it to Detroit and was headed back when an international rescue operation was launched and he was plucked from the river.
Morillo was cited for being intoxicated in a public place.
He has since been released from jail. Morillo also says he will probably be fined for swimming in a shipping channel.
That could set him back as much as $25,000.
detroit, michigan, alcohol, dumb criminals, trending
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 15 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier