2-headed turtle at zoo gets Facebook page
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - July 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A two-headed turtle born last month at the San Antonio Zoo has become so popular that she has her own Facebook page.
Zoo officials say the Texas cooter, named Thelma and Louise for the female duo in the 1991 Oscar-winning movie, has been doing well.
Spokeswoman Debbie Rios-Vanskike says the turtle eats and swims, and added that the two heads - named Louise Left and Thelma Right - get along.
The Facebook page on Sunday showed photos of the quirky reptile and imaginary conversations between the two heads.
The turtle hatched June 18. The animal is on display at the zoo's Friedrich Aquarium.
texas, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 27 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 37 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 36 min ago