It's scary what this poster is worth
DALLAS (AP) - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- That old movie poster turns out to be worth big bucks.
Keith Johnson had a poster that was sitting in his closet for more than 30 years.
It was printed to promote the 1931 film "Frankenstein."
Now, that poster has sold for a record price of nearly $293,000.
Dallas-based Heritage Auctions says the winning bidder doesn't want to be named.
Johnson says he bought the poster as a teenager for just few dollars.
dallas, texas, money, movies, trending
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed