Boy digging for worms finds a handgun
PRESCOTT, Ariz. (AP) - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 9-year-old boy digging for worms in northern Arizona found a gun buried near his home.
Police in Prescott say the stainless-steel .38-caliber revolver was in plastic bag along with one bullet just under the ground's surface.
Police say it appears the gun was only covered up to hide it until someone came back to get it.
They say they don't know who owns the gun or how it ended up buried near the home of the boy who found it Monday. Police didn't identify the boy.
Authorities say the gun's serial number has been checked and it's not reported missing.
arizona, children, guns, trending
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 22 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 48 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 9 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 14 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
9 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos